Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The UNIQLOCK music'd been getting on my nerves lately, so it's finally off. Vamooshed. Annihilated. But I really miss knowing what time it is back in Melbs somehow. Odd, coming to think of it; perhaps I've really left a fragment of my heart back there. Might look for some other web application to show me Melbs' time - it's so tiring having to figure out whether daylight savings has ended, or what's two hours after my current time all in my head. It's sad, because I *think* I used to be quite the nimble mental summer.

Speaking of mental sums, I was one of those detestable little girls who would guard her answers fiendishly, with a non-math-related exercise book of course, obscuring the answers to the previously given sum. Rather Hermione-ishly, I'd make a concerted effort to lift my head and look attentively at the teacher as soon as my answer was carefully written out. Just so she could be sure that I was ready and confident my answer was indisputably correct. Tsk.

Over dinner, E handed over, somewhat unceremoniously, a nondescript-looking package in a white, square MJ Multimedia plastic bag. I reached in, and to my delight, Paprika! We watched it back in Melbs and I loooovvved the procession scene. The soundtrack + the parade = mesmerising.

Perhaps this is alluding to something. A thing. A thought I've been nursing for awhile: that I should go back for a visit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! congrats on getting your hands on Paprika! it was unsettling yet mesmerizing for me when i first saw it.

did you catch the other films by Kon Satoshi? i only rented Perfect Blue once - definitely not as awesome as Paprika.

September 13, 2008 1:19 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

Was freaked out when I watched Perfect Blue - totally mindfucked. Paprika's more a dream I don't mind dragging on.

September 18, 2008 11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home