Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, July 18, 2008



So it was a lovely rainy grey day out some days ago - the kind that would've be perfect for curling in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and the latest good discovery from the Library. But there was editing to be done, and a conference paper to be submitted. It was really that grey. In full colour. Not in greyscale. Not Photoshopped. I loved its greyness so. much. It made me think of being as safe as houses. I like this expression, and I like it especially so on a grey day, when I'm safely ensconced at home.



There have been sleepless nights - 39 hours of wakeful writing interspersed between bursts of hair-tearing, inspired, and teeth-gnashing moments. There have been dramas with this paper, there have. There have been submissions made conveniently from my desk, to some server (thank you, Internet), to the lovely K in Edinburgh. There have been declarations made: no more writing of academic papers for conferences. And while I was editing and doing more editing, 4 hours before my already-extended deadline was up, what else popped into mind but this here song. Just had to listen. Just. I didn't know who KT Tunstall was before this. I swear. I'm not from this planet. What is wrong with me? The last time I had a craaaavvving for any song was, umm, oh. From The Killers. Yeah. Not too long ago. Really. And The Cat Empire. Yeah. Oh, and Trent Reznor the Great. Umm, and also, Garbage. The Cure. Roxette. Death Cab for Cutie. Oasis. Jay Chou. Geez. Just about all the time, really. Feed me a song and watch me go berserk with that repeat button.


this was a hoot! [via swissmiss]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to loop cute 'chick-lite' songs - very shiny happy music!

p/s great link! i watched every single one and lmao every single time (gah!)

July 25, 2008 9:55 pm  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

s: They are - as you call them - ear worms. Just as you wean yourself off one, out of the blue comes another! Most disarming.

July 26, 2008 7:55 pm  
Blogger the Albino Bowler said...

What a coincidence. I just posted an article called "A Storm's a' Comin'" about storms, serendipitous moments, and life in New Orleans in August. I hit "Next" to take a break and read someone else's blog, and yours came up. Nicely done. And I see that you are a fan of juicy stormy weather.
OK, back to work...

August 07, 2008 3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home