Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Thought this was a timely entry when I came across it, with H's imminent wedding in less than a week. I mean, I don't hate weddings, per se. There. Said it. But what really grates is the assumption - and this is rampant: individuals from all generations can be found guilty of this - that a married couple is automatically stable and independent.

So it's the legal connotations, and social acceptance unquestioningly garnered from this heterosexual union that really gets to me.

Same goes for organised religion: that Big Brother is out keeping tabs and rewarding you for good behaviour. And don't even get me started on religious touting, otherwise known as street evangelism. Please.

< /End gripe >

That said, I'm really happy for H. Really, really happy. That's about the only thing that's keeping me from ignoring her phone calls and coming up with excuses at all costs not to attend her (otherwise bloody cringeworthy) reunion/wedding dinner. I wouldn't do it for anyone else. And being the pianist for the church service. That, and because I've never been to The Legends (warning: annoying midi auto-play file upon entering website!) and thought it'd be nice to go look-see.

I am such a bloody hypocrite, I know. But yes, there are exceptions to be made. That's what friends are for.

1 Comments:

Blogger YH said...

muuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaccckkkkkk!

p.s kk and i are FAR from stable,
no difference before and after the event, it's just an so i can stock my fridge with beer and no one at home will give me the weird looks, and just so i can get all woozy at home!

anytime, just drop by for beer ;)

May 16, 2008 1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home