Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, June 25, 2008



Mr C has been coming over to sit in my room often in the past week. I read somewhere, just a few weeks back, that,

"in a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats."

"How very true," I said thoughtfully to nobody in particular, as I copied this line into my sketchbook. And conveniently forgot to note the reference.

4 days ago, we returned from Hong Kong - we've got the wickedest vacation photos from this trip! Too much noodles and not enough money, I say! Who knows the bad weather we'd brung with us, where, upon our arrival, rain was encountered beating sideways against our brollies; our last day was sunshiney and humid. Like I said, who knows these things, right?



The day before we left, I'd hurriedly morphed into my crafty self and hand-sewed, yes, hand-sewed an apron for A, who, in her bid to be an independent big girl, landed herself a very cool job in Hong Kong. Her expatriate status had me green with envy for a bit, but brought back the bitter-sweet-sour memories of being alone and feeling lonely in Melbourne, even though I loved the place to bits. Can feelings about my surroundings can run counter to the feelings inside of me, I wonder? Digressing.

So.

Being a working girl alone over in Hong Kong, A gets to cook at home a lot. That explains how we came to have every one of our meals out while we were there. Kind of. Unless we count suppers, where we had cake. Pandan chiffon! From Bengawan Solo at Terminal Three! Nothing, I suppose, beats a taste of home for the homesick, even if it has to come in a 30x30x10 cm cardboard box.

The apron was made from a brand new Good Morning Towel we'd bought in Singapore, brought over to Melbourne, and then air-freighted back to Singapore. They - a grand total of 3 out of 4 - remain unused, but rather well-travelled. I thought it was a rather clever idea, to use a clean white towel as the main material for an apron, because I'm guilty of hastily wiping my hands on my T-shirt or pants when I cook. Grubbiness does not a lady make. And white happens to be A's favourite colour too, so: 2 birds, 1 crafty stone. Yay.

2 Comments:

Blogger awhitebubble said...

hello sweet pie.. :) when i grab a bowl of cereal every morning and see the apron you hand-made for me... i smile to myself and i thank God for you..

funny how the rain didn't bother me one bit while u were here.. as far as i was concerned, it was pretty sunny coz you guys were around!

i can't wait to see the wicked photos! *hint!* ;)

thanks again for being here... t'was fun making crazy memories with old friends in a foreign place!

June 25, 2008 2:38 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

Eh!! You came to see and left a message so quick? So nice!

Yeah lah yeah lah, going to send the photos over - cheh you thought I forgot?

And, I know you're not an insomniac. What are you doing up so late? Crunch time again?

June 26, 2008 4:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home