Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, August 09, 2008

I saw 4 black cars in a row the other day, on my way to work. Before I could stop myself from drawing references to Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, I thought, 'today's gonna be bad'. And it sort of was. Why do I let these signs affect my expectations psychologically?

Was chuffed to find a copy of the 2009 IKEA catalogue sitting on my staircase landing last night. Felt a deep furniture-based joy welling up inside.

I once stole picked up a yellow button from Spotlight, back in Melbourne. It was on the floor, and away from the usual buttons section. It looked vitage-y, and didn't belong in any of the button canisters. I considered kicking it through the door so I could rightfully morally pick it up outside, but we were too far from the doors. So I bent down, pretended to tie my shoelaces and held on tightly to my newfound treasure.

While watching the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games last night, I felt a glowing pride for my Chinese heritage, if not by sheer default appearances alone, then at least by trying to show an appreciation for my culture's innate elegance and history.

The screen of the iMac at my office is so huge I have to physically turn my head from left to right to take in all there is. It makes me appreciate Wilmot's lovely 17-inch screen. Cosy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home