Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh, The Temptation from Steve V on Vimeo.



I thought this was funny and thought-provoking. It shows how we learn to deal with temptations and prioritise our lives even as kids! [via A Cup of Jo]

The kids' facial expressions at struggling not to eat the marshmallows were priceless! Just so they could have 2 marshmallows in the end. I wonder if those same kids who'd waited became well-reasoned, disciplined adults later in life. And the girl who pinched a little of the marshmallow to nibble and looked away innocently? Well, I thought I could picture an adult doing exactly the same thing!

When I asked myself what I would've done, I think I'd've been the kid who, when faced with 1 marshmallow on the plate, would walk away to play, then get the second marshmallow, and then place both in my pocket for later, or for sharing. And then forget all about them until my mom washed my clothes and found it all squished and melted and sticky. My mom can attest to several such incidences, involving biscuits or sweets I'd brought home from nursery, that got left in my pocket until laundry day. That just means I'm forgetful, right? Can't think of any other altruistic motives/excuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home