Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's been weird, but over the last week, I was asked by several friends who I'd hardly consider techies if I was on Facebook. Don't hear from them for several months, and that's their first question. I've always prided myself as the webcrawler; but here I am, witnessing others' attempts at social networking in cyberspace while I am sitting in front of my computer, obstinately refusing to cave in. Friendster was as far as I'd go, I told myself. So Twitter was turned down, as well as MySpace and FB. And now, P tells me, over a Skype chat, that I can be part of several design/theory discussion groups if I'm on FB. Well, I never! Even (now) employed PhDs are pimping themselves online. What next?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but Facebook has PacMan and Friendster doesn't ... =)

and hey, congrats!



(how about going on a roadtrip??)

September 14, 2007 11:59 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

was thinking along the lines of tassie. and saving the trip to middle earth til i'm richer - both in terms of time and money.
and i'll definitely consult you before i go there. :)

September 14, 2007 7:08 pm  
Blogger kachuaz said...

had dis aussie-born-taiwanese guy who asked if i had facebook.

told him i didn't and that i only had friendster. he was like "what?!"

"facebook is the "in" stuff, friendster is "asian" "

like hello!? aren't you asian...

September 16, 2007 11:49 am  
Blogger da scorpio said...

hmm...facebook good. facebook be addictive. facebook make u do thing when you should be doing OTHER thing...like writing thesis. hm...facebook gooooood....

September 21, 2007 12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home