Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

quarter-century old

i am getting old.

the evidence:
feeling very very exhausted the next day, after rushing to meet a deadline and managine to sleep at 4.30am
(i could manage 2 entirely sleepless nights in a row just 5 years ago!)

the aches in my lower and middle back, and my shoulders
(i used to be the one doing all the massaging for others! now i'm the one screaming for immediate attention!)

looking in the mirror and discovering i have crinkly crows feet at the corners of my eyes when i laugh
(used to think crows feet were super sexy on guys...)

not remembering where i last put my handphone/house+car keys/sunnies/wallet, etc.
(i was the one helping my grandma find her reading glasses! my turn has come too soon!)

realising it's 2005 only about a month ago
(gee, it really didn't occur to me)

forgetting peoples' names the moment after being introduced, or remembering a reference
(most embarrassing. i will talk and talk and try to avoid saying his/her name.)

walking to my bedroom, opening the drawer, and then shutting it, forgetting what i wanted to take
(then i walk out to the hall and continue doing my thing and it suddenly hits me! i was going to bathe, and i had to take my towel! what the HELL was i even doing in the hall!?)

towelling dry my hair, then realising i hadn't washed off the shampoo
(i think my hair's too short... i didn't feel the shampoo there at all!)

super salty food as a result of adding salt twice while cooking
(i really couldn't recall if i did it the first time!)

i remember my childhood better than what i did the day before
(always laughed at my grandpa for not remembering what he had for lunch... now it's my turn.)

uh.... there's really much MUCH more, but i don't remember any more at the moment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

hahaha
sometimes i forget to wash off the conditioner too!

& sometimes when i'm in the shower, i'll wonder if i have washed my hair a few min ago.. my hair is wet but.. did i or did i not? hmmm hahaha

April 28, 2005 12:38 am  
Blogger kachuaz said...

i tend to forget wat i want to get from drawers or cupboards too...hhaa...

aches on my lower back too..wah kaoz..old liao lo..pengz

April 28, 2005 12:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to be experiencing memory loss too. !!!!

April 28, 2005 2:40 am  
Blogger brama said...

I can identify with most of them. No doubt about it, I'm older than you!

Forgetting what I'm supposed to do... very common for me, including going to the bathroom. I'll be standing around, and wondering why I'm outside the bathroom. haha.

April 28, 2005 5:14 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

gosh! i didn't know people suffered the same stuff as me! now i don't feel *that* old anymore!

fat fingers: hahaha!!! when i had long hair, i'd wonder about the conditioner bit too! and once i really towelled dry my hair and found that it was still sticky... with conditioner!

ka chuaz: oh no! what will happen when you get to my age! ;)

ff: i think it's the lack of tau huay as protein supplement. serious.

anna: don't you feel the urge to pee/shit, that's why you walk yourself to the bathroom in the first place?? i'm very one-track-minded when i'm urgent! heh.

April 28, 2005 11:13 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh man. it'll be my turn next year. but i think i kinda fancy some goldfish memory. in that way, hopefully, i will forget anything unpleasant or sad.

April 28, 2005 12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh...no worries. Don't think that's definitive proof of aging. I get those as well. Unless...unless we're *all* going senile I suppose. 0_0''

April 28, 2005 2:19 pm  
Blogger Kitty said...

that memory loss has hit everyone, i think. now, what did i want to do again? ...
See?

April 29, 2005 2:04 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

twit: you mean goldfish forget unpleasant memories? yeah that would definitely be an asset. unfortunately, my mind seems to remember the bad memories and is able to replay them at will! sigh.

maoie: heh. ALL going senile! no more relativity, my friend. :) how we all go... lalalaaa....

bubble: old already! quick go settle down!

kitty: that perrenial question! all together now, WHAT DID I WANT TO DO AGAIN? heh *rubs hands together in glee*

aaah. am losing it... @_@

April 29, 2005 2:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home