Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, November 10, 2005

why does it always rain on me

even when the sun is shining
i can't avoid the lightning
travis - why does it always rain on me

not only did it rain on me both last night and this afternoon, i have been raining rivulets of perspiration on myself. hopefully that 1% of inspiration will come soon, so there will be some form of success.

i am being corny.

the heat is getting to me.
i am sticking to everything i touch or lean on.
and most uncomfortable of all, i am sticking to myself. ugh.

and i attributed what i [mis]heard the other day to the heat:
mom: do you read xiaxue?

me: (thinking she was talking about some new contrived snow-city themed park, and bursting at the seams after having overeaten during dinner) no...?

mom: she's getting a bit full of herself. criticising the handicapped toilets and all.

me: wha--??

apparently, that had nothing to do with heat distortion. aah. my tech-savvy mom. she amazes me yet again.

went to little india again today, and had naan with mutton curry at my favourite little place (i have no idea what it's called, though), and to my surprise, the guy at the stall remembered me! at the risk of sounding narcissistic, i must admit that it does wonders (especially to my self-esteem) to be remembered by people i don't expect to be remembered by.

there. i've said it.

and it has been a blessing so far that meet-ups with friends and time spent with my family have not been peppered with awkward silences. the catching up, the stories, the laughter have been more than i had hoped for all the while i was away. i'm feeling the love.

high on the happy vibe, i am.

(there used to be a song with the exact words: high on the happy vibe, right? about a decade ago. or is it the heat again?)

4 Comments:

Blogger thepattycakes said...

yea. i can imagine the being sticky part. hur. oh dang........

ryn: wow. you sure do love your cello!
hahahaha. i'm leaving mine at a friend's. sigh. i doubt i'll even take clarinet back up again.
i'll prolly take up piano again... or guitar. whichever. sigh!

November 11, 2005 4:20 am  
Blogger s said...

where do you eat in Little India?

November 11, 2005 3:11 pm  
Blogger Tym said...

Is the naan place at Norris Lane? That corner coffeeshop has good food.

Welcome back to the humidity! It's been hot these few days; last week it was pouring like the dickens.

November 11, 2005 9:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's even worse for me! I won't abandon my black clothes and my fatness means I have to cover up too...

Oh, me pretty much free now that exams are over...except for Sats. So just lemme know when you will be.

November 12, 2005 1:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home