Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 18, 2009

After a third failed attempt at Circuit Assessment (no more third time lucky - the cycle of threes has been broken!), the allure of motorbike-riding begged itself to be relooked. No, I don't feel liberated with the wind on my face and air around my knees and elbows; riding at 90kmph with impatient asshole drivers on the Central Expressway scares the shite out of me; watching motorcyclists become prime victims of traffic accidents gives me the worst kinds of premonitions; crashing my bike with a pillion rider behind me isn't particularly exciting, either.

But now, at Lesson 5 out of 7 (most lessons with innumerable repeats), the show must go on. When I have a bike license, the luxury will be in the choice I make: whether I ride, or not. Whether I choose to take public transport; or have no choice but to take public transport. Being given the opportunity to make that choice - therein lies the luxury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home