Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, April 22, 2006

this music meme with a horribly weird twist

that will reveal my all-time [lack of] taste in the stuff i like to listen to.
thanks, jettykey. now people will know.

it's odd how much the music you listen to says about yourself.

========

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see me?

Best I've Ever Had - Vertical Horizon

whee! i kinda wish this was the answer to the next question, though.

Will I have a happy life?

Love and Napalm - Gary Numan

hmmm. i love the smell of napalm in the morning. and, yes! by george! i'll live my life in pursuit of pure happiness now.

[from Apocalypse Now, 1979]
With the jungle leveled and engulfed in flames behind him, he smells the napalm, squats on the beach, becomes rhapsodic, and exclaims to Willard - in a now-famous line of dialogue about the thrill of senseless murder:

"Kilgore: You smell that? Do you smell that?...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know, that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory. [A bomb explodes behind him.] Some day, this war's gonna end."

right it will.

What do my friends really think of me?

Starfuckers, Inc. - Nine Inch Nails

my god comes in a wrapper of cellophane hmm. hardly, but maybe. those friends that think of me like that... aren't really friends - they are really just impersonations of me.

Do people secretly lust after me?

You're So Vain - Carly Simon

uh. i suppose that means i'm the object of superficial lust. and lust is superficial.

even i'm lusting after myself, so vain i am.

How can I make myself happy?

Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds

oh no. does this mean a life relegated to the understated joy in the mediocrity of the 'burbs? will i never be allowed onto the city sidewalks ever again?

What should I do with my life?

垃圾車 - 五月天

a noble ambition. recall the black plague and imagine what could happen if all the rubbish piled up to reach your 4th floor window.

Will I ever have children?

Scheherazade, The Young Prince & the Young Princess - Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov

great! a boy and a girl. hopefully that meant dogs. a boy dog and a girl dog. and then i can be a champion breeder. and sell each pup for an exorbitant amount. my dog of choice: the miniature bull terrier.

that should generate enough to keep my mansion-of-mediocrity in the suburbs going for awhile.

What is some good advice for me?

Something I Can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

something my dad used to tell me: aim for the best, but prepare for the worst. i suppose. life's going to be so short, how else can i get my hands on my suburbian McMansion in its wrapper of cellophane?

How will I be remembered?

The Goat That Haunted Me - The Lizard's Convention

i'm coming back as a goat to haunt the design world. you'll have goat-wallpaper on your desktop, goat-themed furniture fairs, goat cheese, goat-dropping-shaped chocolates and goat-patterned shirts with goat-hair ties to go with the sheepskin suit to wear for evening parties.

What is my signature dancing song?

Prelude In C-Sharp Minor, Op. 3 No. 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff

it will have to be a goth party. white faces and dark eye shadow now, everybody. goat-hair is out of fashion now.

What do I think my current theme song is?

The Beautiful Ones - Suede

definitely. without a shadow of a doubt. i am one of them. prancing around in my goth get-up. and i am lovely, beautiful and vain. please do secretly lust after me!

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

Electric de Chocobo - Nobuo Uematsu (music from Final Fantasy VII OST)

QUEEQUEE!! and i run! and i fly! and i jump! and i race on a lovely track! I AM REALLY A LOVELY YELLOW, CUTE-AS-ALL-HELL BIRDIE! the song of my life!

What song will play at my funeral?

Beautiful Girl - INXS

...but? i thought i was a cute fluffy yellow birdie? maybe i was a girl... man is but an ass, if he go about to expound this dream. lalalalaaa lalalalaaa elmo's bottom's dream.

What type of men/women do I like?

Bedshaped - Keane

men shaped like beds? oooh. then i can save some money decorating my suburbian McMansion. just bring on them men, i say!

What is my day going to be like?

I Hope, I Think, I Know - Oasis

shouldn't be too tough now, would it.

Bloggers to tag this to
this has been a great way to burn an hour of my saturday afternoon! go on! y'know you want to!

1. LMD
2. Narcissistic Mao
3. Lexie
4. Kachuaz
5. Tym

and anyone else who's got an hour to burn! it' pretty cool - you never know what you're gonna get...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Some of those song titles actually do kinda fit the question...I love the "You're So Vain" one.

Electric de Chocobo! Hahaha! The appearance of that on the list is undoubtedly my fault... :P

Okay, will get to it. "No cheating" huh? So if something completely embarrassing appears, like an NKOTB song, I have to stick to it? And because I just mentioned it, it probably *will* appear right? Yaiii...

April 22, 2006 6:02 pm  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

maoie: what?! you've got KNOTB songs?? i want!!! :D

and yeah. electric de chocobo. doh!

April 22, 2006 8:35 pm  
Blogger brama said...

You do have an eclectic music taste. And strangely enough, all the songs fit the answers like a glove, huh?

Prelude In C-Sharp Minor is probably the only one I know.

Thanks for doing the meme!

April 23, 2006 1:29 am  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Eh... I only got old fashioned CD player... all the songs will be from one artist... and only got 14 songs at most...

April 24, 2006 4:24 pm  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

jettykey: really? you thought they fit like a glove? i had to refresh the selection a few times before i got one i was relatively happy to work with... heh.

thanks for tagging!

LMD: what?! don't you at least have windows media player on your pc?

lexie: gosh... NKOTB is 'new kids on the block', a pretty daggy group of my generation's adolescent years.

electric de chocobo is midi music from FinalFantasyVII.

rrright. your first meme! go do it already! :)

April 26, 2006 12:19 am  
Blogger kachuaz said...

omg. i kena tagged a second time for the same meme...keke.. check out my version of it~~~~

April 27, 2006 1:26 am  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Er... I do, but I only have like 10 songs on my laptop. *hangs head in shame*

April 27, 2006 3:54 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

lexie: don't laugh, ok? they were really cool waaaaaay back then!

kachuaz: eeyur. play cheat! you didn't really have the songs at random! but yeah, you are ms. popular! get tagged twice some more!

LMD: you. win. don't you listen to music? or only those played in drinking holes? or only on lay-lio?

April 27, 2006 3:09 pm  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I do listen to music, but usually what's playing in the shop. Same CDs over and over again. Drives me nuts. When I come home I like quiet, when I do feel like music, I listen to my CDs, on old fashioned CD player.

April 29, 2006 5:37 am  
Blogger kachuaz said...

haha. zun bo. i ms very-low-key wor...

keke~~~

April 29, 2006 9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home