Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, May 20, 2005

passing that musical baton

i was never very much into athletics in school, and i hated the relay race as i always felt this deep sense of obligation (not so much to myself, but to my teammates) that i wasn't the one slowing the team down.

nevertheless, i loved this analogy back in JC that some of my friends on the track and field team made of this nerdy guy from a few science classes away. don't recall his name now, but remember him sporting nerdy specs and a pair of running shorts that never quite seemed to fit properly somehow. he was a fast runner, but ran in such a manner that, i quote, "if you stick a pencil in his ass and put a piece of paper outside, you'll get foolscap paper."

this musical baton thingy ah... was passed to me both by anna and LMD! wah, call me ms popular!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total volume of music files on my computer
712MB - 100 songs. 7.3 hrs playtime.
paisay... i used to have 300-odd songs on my old PC back in the days of Napster and kazaa! now i just listen to CDs and don't bother loading the songs onto the 'puter first.

The last CD I bought was
Ben Folds Five: The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner

Song playing right now
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
Endless Rain - X Japan
(memories of angsty days in art college)

Losing My Religion - REM
(my 'rebel' stage)

Elgar's Cello Concerto in Eminor, op85 - Jackie Du Pre with Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Daniel Barenboim
(makes me tear whenever i hear this. a mix of emotions well up.)

Romeo - Basement Jaxx
(my get-into-the-mood fix)

This Is The New Shit - Marilyn Manson
(best song for designing stuff)

Five people to whom I’m passing the baton:
His Reason
One Little Twit
Narcissistic Mao
Fat Fingers
adinahaes

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, shucks. *blushes*

May 20, 2005 4:02 am  
Blogger brama said...

You're popular alright. In fact, onelittletwit just had one sent to her too.... It's a small world out here.

May 20, 2005 8:25 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

maoie: i know you sure have lots of 80s, NIN or DEG songs lah. hee :)

anna: the singaporean blogosphere can get kinda small and clique-ish hor.

May 20, 2005 1:57 pm  
Blogger brama said...

clique-ish, yes, couldn't agree more... but i do enjoy the close-knittedness.

May 21, 2005 8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home