Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

a state of mind

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

it crept up slowly. the nagging feeling that i have been neglecting my blog. oh! i have a blog? yes. yes, i do. i have a blog, and it's been almost 3 months since the last update. forgive me, blog-trawlers, for i have sinned. i have forgone the fellowship for, umm, earthly pleasures. like writing my thesis! milking my brain to the limits in terms of academic writing, there's been scarcely anything left in me to blog. until sibehsian's comment nudged me into action. nudged? i mean jolted. but slowly. i've been lurking every now and then at others' domains and reading about other people, who actually have a life.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

me? i think - i think... wait. has anybody ever died from writing a thesis? perhaps i will create history. the state of my apartment (dust bunnies everywhere), the state of my washing (clean but unfolded pile of clothes, thankfully), the state of my desk. i sent this photo over to my mom via skype some evenings back. what desk? she said. i am looking forward to having some semblance of this thing, 'a life' back. no luck of that happening before next week's presentation, i suspect. but if writing and presenting doesn't kill me, another bout of absent-mindedly brushing my teeth with facial wash will.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
spring is here in aussie-land - it is good to finally see my own arms and legs again. it's been awhile. and i'm happy because it's sunny outdoors today, and i've got my durian-fix in the form of a durian swiss roll from the Taipei bakery over in box hill. i can't imagine how the angmohs will die from the stench of a durian shop if there was one at the corner of the intersection of say, little bourke and swanston streets. chinatown - home of durians, smelly-tofu and endless yumcha!

haven't had durians in coming to 2 years now... but it's all a state of mind.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it so very pathetic of me to just say, i so very much wish i had your thesis-writing non-life?

October 11, 2006 7:21 pm  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

Haha, cannot anyhow say 'nudge' one, wait people think I molest you how?!?!? Haha....

Anyway, dying in a room with a half-written thesis and rotting durians will undoubtably make very, very itneresting headlines. I think. Heh.

October 12, 2006 11:21 am  
Blogger kachuaz said...

you are back, spyda!

hang in there

=)

October 13, 2006 10:54 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

s: i think it's a classic case of having greener grass on the other side. and it's very much paved with cement over on mine right now, really.

dotty: let me mess up your room for you - in less than 3 minutes! i'm really good at that!

sibeh sian: if your hand can reach from singas over to melbs, i'll let you nudge me ;)

kachuaz: thanks... am hanging...

October 14, 2006 10:25 pm  
Blogger Vera said...

You're back!!!!
Good luck with the thesis!! :D

October 14, 2006 10:25 pm  
Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

You are a very naughty girl wor, haha....

October 17, 2006 1:41 am  
Blogger YH said...

u're back!!! just trying my luck to see if there might be a new entry...
did u move arh?
cause i sent something to eucalyptus mews

October 17, 2006 11:04 am  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

fat fingers: thanks, wish i was done with it, like you!

sibeh sian: come on, it's all in your mind...

hao: i know i'm a lousy friend and correspondent *hangs head in shame*
i received the pressie! made my day! and it sits on my table - can you spot the box in the 1st piccy?
i promise i'll write back on cutesy paper after my presentation is over, ok? cross my heart, hope to die. really.

October 18, 2006 2:04 pm  
Blogger adinahaes said...

It happens...the completely neglect of a blog, that is...I actually forgot I had one too.

Good luck with your thesis! am in a similiar situation with my final exams coming right up at me =(

October 24, 2006 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home